Saturday, January 4, 2014

The 52 of 2014



I'm a bit late writing here, but it's been a bit busy (my usual excuse). I've started an art study group. Named it "52 of 2014" or just "The52" for short. Basically, I'm making up tasks each week, and people do the task within the week and the ycan submit their work. I'm hoping groups of friend will do this together this way they can discuss and learn. I'm not really any kind of academic artist. I haven't been trained classically, so I'm mainly doing this for myself so that I am sure to push myself each week and learn the various areas of what can and will make my work better, make me work more proficiently, and express with a bit more clarity.

You can see the tumblr here:

www.the5-2.tumblr.com

I'm still fixing it up and trying to get all the kinks out of the whole thing but, I've started it sort of on a whim and haven't really had time to sit down and plan it out completely (I think I do this with most things in life). Anyway, the first task I had set out for everyone was to make a picture using only this pallet


depicting either sadness, uneasyness, or despair. Of course I misspelled despair and wrote "dispair", but I literally made everything up in about an hour. Including creating the page, the links, the logo...well everything about it really. 

I hope it helps people out, but as I said before, I'm approaching each project as if I may be the only person participating. I've gotten a great number of submissions already for the first task, which I was not expecting at all. I imagine it might drop slightly, or go up and down throughout the year depending on the task. I can easily see things that appear more fun to gain more traction as opposed to things that more closely resemble traditional studying. 

I just need to really work on my skills. I feel like I should be better than I am. I think everyone does, which is why we try to work at what we feel is lacking. At the same time I need to learn that what I have in life is just that, appreciate it while I got it!

There's some other helpful stuff I have posted on the tumblr now as well, such as a Submission Guide, FAQ, and theres an Introduction post. I'm crazy excited about this thing, and will do my best to keep up with it. I may need help in the future, and actually, I have received a lot of feedback already that's helped me a great deal.

The journey to expand one's mind continues as ever. I'm feeling much better these days, but there's a fleeting anxiety that is still pulling a few nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment